My Favourite NYX Cosmetics Products
I'm going to be honest here, I'm by no means a make up pro. I wouldn't even class myself as an amateur. I've only just bought a Beauty Blender, my eyebrows are rarely on fleek and I use an eyeshadow palette which is approximately 2 years old.
I know, I'm a rubbish girl.
But recently, whilst discovering how great YouTube tutorials are for procrastinating, my interest in make up has picked up and I've started to invest in my collection.
After a quick Google for the best brands for girls on a budget (come on now, I'm not going to blow all my shopping allowance on my face), the name NYX just kept popping up. And when I saw there was 50% off in store, I was sold!
Here are my NYX hero products:
- This Liquid Illuminator has a pink tone (apparently this is not a favourable tone in the vlogging community - no idea why), and it gives such a lovely glow on the old cheekbones to make your face look fresh and shiny in, like, a good way.
- So I've read that the HD Finishing Powder can give a little flashback when used for baking (there is no way I'm ready for that terrifying concept yet), but when used sparingly, it does a pretty good job of setting your base and keeps any shine at bay.
- Now I'm not sure if you're supposed to use the Blush and Contour Duo sections separately, but I just swish a brush around and plonk it on my cheekbones for a bit of extra colour. Job, done.
- People really love the Pore Filler Primer and although I don't have especially large pores, I can see why. It gives you an even finish for your foundation and definitely keeps my base in place for longer.
- I bought several of these soft matte lip creams in a variety of colours (including 3 red versions which I currently can't locate. I will be searching my friends bags) and let me tell you, they are the bomb. They don't fully dry down so they are transferable and will need topping up throughout the night, but because of this they nourish your lips instead of drying them out. Go forth and buy them in every colour.
- I'd like to know just where this All Over Balm can go, but so far it's been a dream for my lips. I've also used it on the back of my heels to prevent blisters in new shoes (I usually use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream for this trick) and have quickly popped it on the ends of my hair on a night out when I got caught in the rain and turned into a poodle. And it worked pretty well! I will update you on it's use of various other body parts if the opportunity arises.
- Finally, the Matt Finish Fini Mat setting spray is now a staple in my make up bag and is WAY better than using hairspray to set your face like I used to when I was 18. You smell nicer and it actually sets the make up rather than making you a hazard near an open flame. 10/10.